Delivering earthshaking bottom end for a true full-range sound, the JBL PRX818XLFW extends your system’s range to include the sub frequencies that are so vital for accurate live and recorded music reproduction. Lightweight and portable, the PRX818XLFW is the perfect solution for club or touring bands and sound companies while also remaining equally at home in houses of worship and other permanent installations. JBL engineers have spent hundreds and hundreds of work hours achieving maximized optimization among JBL components for greatest efficiency, ensuring the 800 Series’ place of honor in the JBL legacy.
JBL PRX818XLFW Powered Subwoofer Features
- Maximum SPL Output 134 dB Peak
- 18” Differential Drive® low-frequency driver for low-distortion and higher SPL
- 1500W highly efficient Class-D amplifier
- Wireless remote control of its onboard DSP EQ parameters via Wi-Fi. Control and configure your show from anywhere.
- DSP input limiter circuit, crossover, dynamic limiting, and component optimization
- Professional XLR-1/4” combination inputs and XLR loop-through
- Top panel M20 pole mount socket for sub/satellite configuration
- Injection molded handles with comfort rubber grips for easy transport
- Lightweight poplar plywood cabinets made structurally sound with tongue and groove joints and protected by JBL’s tour proven
- DuraFlex finish
The PRX818XLFW comes loaded with a JBL 2278G 460 mm (18 in) woofer. Differential Drive® technology, JBL's exclusive dual voice coil, and dual magnetic gap design all serve to enhance performance and significantly reduces the drivers’ weight, thanks to an innovative rethinking of the basic elements of loudspeaker design. Eliminating the heavy surrounding steel structure of conventional drivers, the unique construction provides improved heat dissipation while nonlinear distortion is dramatically reduced due to magnetically saturated pole-pieces and an aluminum shorting ring. The glorious results are transparent tone, enhanced frequency response, and increased power output and SPL.
The Next Step in Power Evolution
Driven by a Class-D power amp pushing an impressive 1500 watts, the JBL PRX818XLFW is capable of emitting a Maximum SPL Output of 134 dB peak, with a Frequency Range spanning from 30 Hz - 103 Hz. This abundance of headroom provides enough thunderous bottom to fill the venue with pristine bottom end.
Rugged and Roadworthy
The stackable enclosure is convenient (weighing 80 lbs. lightweight for a sub in this class), yet tough and durable. Constructed of 25 mm (top and bottom for added strength) and 18 mm (back and sides) poplar plywood and assembled utilizing tongue-and-groove joints, the PRX818XLFW is covered in JBL’s protective DuraFlex™ finish, while the components are safeguarded by a dent-resistant 16-gauge steel grille. Thoughtful appointments include lightweight, glass-filled nylon handles, M10 suspension points fabricated from 14-gauge steel (each with a yield-strength of 1000 lbs.), and a pole receptacle capable of accepting SS4-BK or SS4-BK24.
A single GAIN knob controls the input level with an ON/OFF switch for the front LED and a handy POLARITY switch just above it (with its corresponding LED.) There’s a combination 1/4” TRS - XLR input for each of the two channels, and both have an XLR direct THRU with a HI PASS switch and LED placed above them. Up top is the WI-FI CONNECT button (and LED) for WI-FI network configuration using the PRX Connect application. There is also an LED to let you know when the Limiter is engaged and a fan to keep the JBL PRX818XLFW running cool even when the music is hot.
Compatible with HARMAN Connected PA
All PRX800 speakers integrate ioSYS technology to let you control your entire system with one app from just about anywhere in the venue. The convenient setup wizard allows for quick configuration and optimization of speaker levels and EQ.
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- System Type: Self Powered 18” subwoofer
- Maximum SPL Output: 134 dB peak
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 30 Hz - 103 Hz
- Frequency Response (±3 dB): 35 Hz – 87 Hz
- Input Connectors: Two Balanced female XLR/ 1/4” combo connectors
- Input Impedance: 20K Ohms (balanced)
- Signal Indicators:
- Limit: Yellow LED indicates peak output has been reached and dsp limiter is acting
- Signal: Green LED indicates signal present
- Power: Blue indicates system has power and ready to pass audio
- Dynamic Control (Input): dbx Type IV limiter circuit
- Internal Crossover Frequency: 100 Hz DSP
- Loop out Crossover Frequency: 120 Hz analog 24 dB filter slope
- Design: Highly efficient Class-D amplifier
- Power Rating: 1500W
- AC Power Input: 100V - 240V ~ 50/60 Hz
- LF Driver: 1 x JBL 2278G 460 mm (18 in) woofer
- Enclosure: Rectangular, 18 mm, plywood
- Transport: 2 x injection molded handles with backing cup
- Finish: Obsidian DuraFlex finish
- Grille: Powder coated, Obsidian, 16 gauge perforated steel with acoustical transparent black cloth backing.
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 692 x 523 x 724 mm/27.26 x 20.6 x 28.5 in
- Net Weight: 36.8 kg (81 lb)
- Gross Weight: 45.0 kg (100.0 lb)